200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training Programs Discover. Align. Transform
Study & Transform your Yoga
Lead Instructor Marisol A. Brito, YA 200-ERYT
This program is for students who are interested in deepening their understanding of yoga as well as for those interested in sharing their joy of yoga with others. Learn practical applications of yoga in everyday life by deepening your practice, cultivating an authentic tool box and creating life long friendships with other trainees and teachers. Program also includes a requirement of attending 20 hours of yoga instruction at Bhava, which comes out to about 1 class/week throughout the training. All workshops at Bhava can be counted towards the 20 hours.
Not Just for Teachers
Discover your inner potential through Bhava’s RYT 200-Hour Teacher Training Program by deepening your practice, enhancing your joy of learning and developing you inner teacher.
Bhava Yoga Studio offers a unique and accessible 200-Hour Yoga Alliance training. This immersive program offers you the tools to deepen your personal yoga practice while learning how to teach passionately, skillfully, and effectively. Teaching yoga is a way to not only teach others, but also teach yourself. You are your own teacher first and foremost. Becoming a more skilled practitioner, you are able to discover how to guide yourself through each step in the journey and develop a keen ability to help guide others with authenticity, grace and wisdom.
Practicing and teaching yoga is an art and a science that is constantly evolving. Advance your personal practice through a grounded and comprehensive range of yogic practices from postures (asana), pranayama (breath), meditation, chanting, foundational alignment techniques and modifications for all bodies. You will refine your understanding and become more skilled in practicing yoga and how to express your knowledge to others.
Maybe you’re not interested in teaching but want to learn more about yoga. This immersion into the yoga tradition is designed to provide both depth and breath so every type of learner as the opportunity to enrich their lives.
The 200 Hour programs begins in September 2020.
September 2020–March 2021
Module 1: September 11–13, 2020
Module 2: September 25–27, 2020
Module 3: October 16–18, 2020
Module 4: November 20–22, 2020
Module 5: December 11–13, 2020
Module 6: January 15–17, 2021
Module 7: February 19–21, 2021
Module 8: March 19–21, 2021
Students are eligible for Yoga Alliance registration upon completion.
All trainees receive UNLIMITED FREE CLASSES at Bhava for the duration of the training
There are no refunds for the Immersion, teacher trainings, and mentorship programs. Any time missed may be made up the following year without an additional charge, if the program is offered. Refunds for personal or medical emergencies may be considered on a case-by-case basis with written notice, less a 15% admin fee.
During this training you will
Deepen your Understanding of Postures (Asanas)
Strengthen your Body
Master basic Alignment Techniques
Establish an understanding of Everyday Anatomy
Expand you knowledge of Yoga History & Philosophy
Develop your Meditation Practice
Explore the art and science of Sequencing
Discover the healing power of Ayurveda
Find & Empower your Voice
Enhance your knowledge & experience with a Yoga Art Studio (You will take home 4 special art projects reflecting your experience!)
Develop a personal practice and Sankalpa that will serve you throughout life.
Payment Options for Sept. 2020
Apply Today! Make your dreams come true.
Reserve your spot ~ Deposit $150 |due by August 30, 2020
Early Bird Full Payment $3,150 | due by August 15, 2020
Full Payment: $3,300 | due by Sept 11, 2020
Monthly Payment Plan Contract | 8 payments of $425 charged the 15th of each month Sept 2020 – Apr 2021
(tax not included)
Indicate your interest in work-study, scholarship or alternate payment plan options in your application.
Don’t wait. Apply today.
Payment includes unlimited classes during the duration of the program and a 6 months of $79/month studio membership after training; tax and text books not included.
Submit your Application: Complete Your Application Here
Bhava Hosts 300-Hour Yoga Level 1 Training Course
Inner peace Yoga Therapy
Bhava is partnering to bring the Albuquerque Yoga Community this cutting edge 300-Hour Yoga Therapy Level 1 Foundations in Yoga Therapy Course. This training is designed to introduce you to the vast field of yoga therapy, overview the teachings and philosophies of the yoga tradition and their relevance and application to yoga therapy. You will be introduced to modalities of yoga therapy as applied to various health conditions, which will provide you with a solid foundation to build you knowledge on your path to become a yoga therapist. This training is more specific than other 300 hour trainings as you will gain information on how to work with special populations; making you more knowledgeable and marketable to work with health care organizations, the aging population of ABQ, and a better teacher to your current students.
November 2019–August 2020
Learn to Teach Yin
Learn How to Teach Yin w/ Kari Kwinn, E-RYT 500, RPYT, YACEP
Feeling uninspired in your teaching? Looking for something more balanced than the fast and furious classes you’re trained to teach? Want to add diversity and substance to your teaching resume? Be careful – Yin might change your life!
Yin Level 1 and Level 2
Please register for this training using the Register Now link below.
Register for Level I
Friday, October 25, 2019
9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Tuition Level 1 & Level 2: $350
View Level I prerequisites below
Register for Level II
Saturday, October 26, 2019 – 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Sunday, October 27, 2019 – 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Tuition Level 1 & Level 2: $350
View Level II prerequisites below
Not sure this training is right for you? We want you to be sure.
I’ve already been teaching Yin Yoga – will I learn anything in this training?
Gosh, I hope so. I learn something every time I take a training. If you’re already well-versed in Yin Yoga, I invite you to my Level 2 training. It’s actually designed to add depth to those who are already teaching Yin (and answer a few questions you may never have thought of).
Am I going to learn more from your training(s) than from the book? It doesn’t seem that complicated.
You’re very right – Yin yoga isn’t that complicated. But you will learn new approaches to anatomy, from both the Eastern and Western perspectives, strategic ways to use props, and what a correctly instructed Yin practice actually feels like in your body.
I’m already a trained Restorative Yoga teacher. Isn’t Yin pretty much the same?
It might look similar on the outside, but I believe that Yin and Restorative are fundamentally different, based on the intention of the practice. I have several experienced Restorative teachers who have taken my Yin trainings who agree – it’s a completely different ball game! Watch my video blog The Differences between Restorative Yoga and Yin Yoga to learn more.
- Currently, in training or successful completion of a YA accredited 200-hour YTT program. Seasoned students interested in deepening their knowledge and practice are also invited to attend.
- Review of The Complete Guide to Yin Yoga by Bernie Clark (required text)
- No experience teaching Yin is required, although we recommend taking a few Yin Yoga classes prior to enrolling
- Module 1: What is Yin? The History & Lineage of Yin Yoga
- Module 2: Western Anatomical Concepts, Applied to Yin
- Practice 1: Supported Yin Yoga Practice – Introducing Sandbags
- Module 3: Eastern Anatomical Concepts, Applied to Yin (the “dot” activity)
- Practice 2: TCM Inspired Yin Yoga Practice – Assisting and Propping Practicum
- Module 4: Introduction to Sequencing, Common Questions, and Adaptations
- Module 5: Drafting Your Yin Yoga Elevator Speech, Additional Resources & Next Steps
Level One Outcomes:
- Students will understand the benefits of Yin Yoga from both Eastern and Western perspectives, and how to describe those benefits to interested students
- Basic understanding of the meridians from Traditional Chinese Medicine and how Yin Yoga utilizes these concepts
- Basic understanding of Western physiological concepts and how these apply to Yin Yoga
- How to use blankets, blocks, bolsters, straps, and sandbags to support the practice
- How to sequence a basic Yin Yoga class
- How to adjust the practice of Yin Yoga for certain populations
- Earn 8 CEUs for the Yoga Alliance
- Currently in training or successful completion of a YA accredited 200-hour YTT program
- Review of The Complete Guide to Yin Yoga by Bernie Clark (required text)
- Completion of Learn to Teach Yin Level 1 OR significant experience teaching Yin
- Module 1: Yin Yoga for the Upper Body
- Practice 1: Supported Yin Yoga Practice – Introducing Upper Body Poses
- Module 2: Eastern Anatomical Concepts, Learning the Meridians and Pressure Points
- Module 3: Yin Yoga – Introducing the Wall
- Practice 2: Supported Yin Yoga Practice – Assisting at the Wall
- Module 4: Understanding Connective Tissue – The Fascia Multimedia Experience
- Practice 3: TCM Inspired Yin Yoga Practice – Assisting the Meridians
- Module 5: Intelligent Sequencing Techniques for Yin (and more)
- Practice 4: Supported Yin Yoga Practice – Applied Sequencing
- Module 6: Making Your Class YOURS – The Freedom to be YOU
Level Two Outcomes:
- A toolbox of upper body Yin Yoga poses
- How to use the wall, with or without other props (great if you teach at a gym!)
- A deep understanding of western anatomical concepts including fascia, fascial lines, and anatomical variations.
- A basic understanding of the meridians from Traditional Chinese Medicine and how Yin Yoga utilizes these energy lines and pressure points
- How to plan, sequence, and adapt thoughtful Yin Yoga classes
- Earn 14 CEUs for the Yoga Alliance
- More than Teaching ~ This training Program begins with an immersion into yoga’s philosophy, method and practice, where you will deepen, advance and refine your understanding and practice of yoga. As you head into the second half, you will learn how to speak from the perspective of “looking for the good”, becoming your own teacher first.
- Hands-On Approach ~ Learn how to safely and effectively share the gift of yoga with others, and how to guide students in connecting to the beauty of their hearts. You will practice teaching your peers in small groups. Practicing teaching is key to becoming an effective and compassionate teacher.
- Unlimited Membership (free) ~ Through regular practice you will more easily integrate the teachings and develop your understanding of yoga. And, with regular and consistent practice you will become strong physically and mentally!
- 7-Month Training Program ~ The 200 hour Teacher Training Program at Bhava spans an 7-month period to allow ample time for you to integrate the teachings, so that the training is not separate from your life, but very much a part of it. We find students retain more and grow more confident as teachers and practitioners with this approach.
- Experienced & Knowledgeable Teachers ~ You will learn from some of Albuquerque’s most successful and beloved teachers with a over 100 years combined teaching experience.
- Anyone Can Attend ~ The program is appropriate for any interested yoga student looking to deepen their experience and understanding of yoga, even if not interested in teaching yoga.
- Discover your Yoga Family ~ When you step into a yoga training program, you are not only serving yourself, but you are also supporting those around you. Together with your fellow students you will develop lifelong friendships who help shape your experienced as a yogi and human.