- This event has passed.
O, Mula Bandha, Where Art Thou?
February 28 @ 12:30 pm - 2:00 pm$40
- What is mula bandha?
- Am I doing right?
- How do I engage mula bandha?
- How do I practice mula bandha?
In Sanskrit Mula means root and bandha means lock. It is engaged physically and energetically at the base of the pelvis. Toning and lifting the pelvic floor creates the foundation of the pelvis as well as the legs, bringing more stability and calm into poses.
As an energetic practice and experience, Mula Bandha brings lightness to the body-mind. It is the lift of at the pelvic floor that ignites the physical with the energetic bodies and, through meditation, moves energy up through poses. Specifically, it is a technique that moves Kundalini energy up through the sushmna nadi (central energy channel).
In this specialty workshop you will learn:
- Anatomical landmarks for locating mula bandha
- How to use the breath to help lift the perineum
- How the transversus abdominis aids in maintaining
Feb 28 12:30-2PM
$40 | $28 Members